Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) is a free program offering Kansans an opportunity to talk with trained, community volunteers and get answers to questions about Medicare and other insurance issues. SHICK provides you with many resources that will help you with your questions about Medicare.SHICK has counselors throughout the state who can assist people to stay informed on changing conditions in health care insurance and to cut through the confusion.
SHICK counselors receive training on Medicare, Medicare Supplement Insurance, Long-Term Care and other health insurance subjects that concern older Kansans.
SHICK counselors do not work for any insurance company. The goal is to educate and assist the public to make informed decisions on what’s best for them.
What SHICK Offers
- Free, Confidential Counseling: An opportunity to speak with real people, not automated systems
- Employment and Medicare Information
- Disability and Medicare Information
- Supplemental Rate Comparisons via the Kansas Insurance Department Website
- Assistance with Medicare Part D – Prescription Drug Coverage