Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur will guide you through this course. Based on over a decade of research, each lesson contains video case studies featuring various real-world, “unlikely” entrepreneurs who have embraced the core concepts of an entrepreneurial mindset. Ice House is designed to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop creativity and critical thinking, practical problem solving, communication, teamwork, and other entrepreneurial skills – skills that will allow them to succeed regardless of their chosen path.
Upon completion of the program, participants will become empowered and engaged by:
- Developing entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills.
- Identifying social and situational factors that encourage or inhibit entrepreneurial behavior.
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating opportunities in ambiguous, real-world circumstances.
- Identifying and interacting with entrepreneurs who provide critical guidance and ongoing support.
How to access the ICE House Entrepreneurial Mindset Course
- Make sure you have your 5-digit Independence Public Library Card Number and 4-digit PIN. If you do not know these two numbers, contact the library at 620.331.3030.
- Visit www.seknfind.org
- In the top right corner, click “Log In to Your Account.”
- Login is your 5-digit IPL Card Number
- Password is your 4-digit PIN
- Once logged in, click the green “KOHA” logo in the upper left corner of the browser window.
- Under the search bar at the bottom of the page, in the “Ice House Entrepreneurship Program” box, click the orange button that says “Click Here to Access.”
- In the new window, click “Sign Up” in the upper right corner.
- Create an account by filling out the fields.
- Then click “Sign Up,” and you are ready to start your Entrepreneurial Mindset Course!